Saturday, May 21, 2005

Ain't been around here much, huh!!

It has been a total sh!t of a month. Well there were some very bright bits, one in particular.

I have to go back near a month - April 22 my daughter got married. None of the "childhood sweetheart" romantic novel stuff. Kath is far too pragmatic for that. Darryl is the choice, Darryl she got; I am content. Actually it was a bloody good knees-up as well. Plenty of stories out of that weekend.

No, truth to say both my wee beastie and I have had to cope with illnesses of our own.

In my case, a very virulent virus (the redundancy there has just hit me) has laid me low for the past week. I am now well past recovery, that started Tuesday when my wife remarked that I had just cracked one of my more extreme [expletive deleted!] jokes - the return of the sense of humour signalling a simultaneous return of health.

In the case of my wee beastie, it was also a virulent attack that laid it low - terminally in fact. I had gotten used to working around Me with all its little foibles. The A/V I was using was sound. Everything ticked along just like grandfather's clock.

Until December that is when Me went off maintenance. Then the updates on the A/V stopped...

Then one afternoon the wee beastie stopped as well...

It has taken a fairly long and tortuous route since then, but at least I am now back in contact with the ROW. [big evil grin - no one is safe any more]

No comments: