Tuesday, February 09, 2010

State of the Union...

This week's Listener has a fascinating article written by Jon Johansson giving account of his 12 month sabbatical in Washington DC.

The full text will be available here from 27 February, for safety's sake look around 1 March.

I am not going to even try to regurgitate the whole thing here. It is a fascinating and (for me at least) a somewhat frightening read on real paper. For any American it should at least give pause at the current state of the Union from an outside and objective point of view.

For those interested, there is a short bio for Johansson here and if you want to disagree with him personally you will find his blog here
but it is inactive since 2008.

1 comment:

T. F. Stern said...

Not ignoring you, the office computer is being worked on this week after having gotten a virus. It needed some tweeking to get it back up to speed so this week all work is done on the very slow lap top I use in my truck. I'm about over the creeping crud that had me sick for a week or so, still get tired easily so not much blogging either. Hope all is well with you.