Sunday, August 20, 2006

An apology

to those who might be trying to contact the probligo by email.

Over the past three weeks I have been unable to "contact" my email account at yahoo. The reason for this is unknown but suspected. I have neither the time nor the inclination to take up the cudgels with Yahoo. They do a good job in providing the service. They probably have had enough playing around with my affairs from the suspected cause of the problem.

Suffice it to say that over the past three weeks I have been subjected to -

Frequent and persistant ping attacks in an attempted DOS. My IP has been very good in filtering these out.

Two persistant and repeated spyware attacks, with the alias address of the cookies pegging to a "restricted site" in the USofA. It is one of those attacks which I suspect has obtained my password to the email account. Yeah I got careless. My fault.

So the can of champagne is to sit tight for another week or so and see if this pest loses interest. He must be fascinated by the flow of mail from FFers, from discus=launch and from the other rc sites I inhabit.

If that doesn't do the trick, then another mailbox will be provided.

In the meantime - use the comments here as a mailbox for anything urgent. I will keep an eye on it and reply personally to those who warrant it and can be trusted.

No comments: