Thursday, July 26, 2007

Photos - fwiw...


I have been playing around with the old camera again...

This is an image that I can not get Shirley's digital to produce. There may well be others about that can.

No photo-shop, the image is produced "in camera".



_________________________________________________

I first saw this kind of image as a prop in a tv programme - goodness knows what the programme was - and it really grabbed me. It was based upon a woman's high-heeled shoe. It took me about a week to work out what that image was, and another three months to work out how it was done.



This is the base objet for the image above. It is a small vase ( el cheapo well made in Vietnam ) that Shirley liked the look of and which it occurred to me had some possibilities.

How was it done...

And if anyone can point me in the direction of a digital camera that can replicate the technique I will be sorely tempted.

Oh, and I am not 100% happy with this effort either. I need to set up the old Minolta so that I can set the flash to light the back-board and remove the shadows on this version. Does that give a clue? No, not really.

1 comment:

T. F. Stern said...

Okay, what is it, or how was it created within?